Job Information: Business Development Manager
Location: Alexandria, VA
Job Status/Type: Full Time Employee or Independent Contractor
Job Category: Sales/Business Development
Career Level: 2-5 years sales experience
Industries: Non-Profit Organizations
The Moery Company is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager for one of the most dynamic companies in the association industry!
In this position you will provide direct sales for association clients needing revenue growth in membership, sponsorship, trade show exhibits or advertising. The opportunity includes managing multiple association accounts in a variety of industries. The Moery Company client list includes some of the most high-profile and influential organizations in the world.
To succeed we provide a flexible work environment including telecommuting, state of the art sales CRMs, list development support and an “association hustle” process of sales which has a track record of success.
You will conduct kick off meetings with clients, engage senior-level executives, proactively schedule and confirm sales meetings, and participate in cold-calling when needed. You will also oversee sales lead generation email campaigns and digital advertising to add “top of funnel” prospects.
- Design sales and marketing plans to generate more revenue for association clients.
- Execute plans to generate qualified leads and identify sales opportunities.
- Prospect and make outbound calls to business leads and qualified companies.
- Manage and respond to inbound requests from prospects.
- Ensure Salesforce.com contains accurate account details and contact information.
- Provide weekly updates to clients about the direction of revenue generation activities including activity and pipeline reports
Must Have Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of sales experience
- Trained basic knowledge of Salesforce database, Office and Outlook
Communication & Management Skills:
- Demonstrated aptitude to manage and lead multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to build relationships with senior level professionals and work well under goal-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Effective problem solving, time management and organization skills
- Display our company values of integrity, collaboration, ownership and dedication to clients and each other
What can The Moery Company offer you:
- Competitive compensation based on experience. Base plus commission is provided
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program, matched by TMC
- Flexible work environment – at our headquarters or your home office. Work is what you accomplish, not where you are!
- Paid maternity leave
- Full medical, dental insurance plans tailored to the needs of you and your family
- Ample paid vacation and holidays
- Quarterly opportunities for performance-based bonuses
About The Moery Company: The Moery Company is one of the most respected and successful business development companies in the non-profit industry. Well-established within the Washington, DC association market the company sells membership, sponsorship, trade show exhibits and advertising.
Additionally, the “Big Red M”provides membership and sponsorship analysis with data analysis, competitive research and qualitative interviews ensuring the association value proposition is well received in the market it serves.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, The Moery Company is an entrepreneurial company focused on becoming the nation’s #1 association business development organization.
If this position looks like a good match, please submit a cover letter and resume to Amanda McMahon at firstname.lastname@example.org.