Job Information: Marketing and Communications Director
Location: Alexandria, VA
Job Status: Full-time Employee
Job Category: Marketing/Communications
Career Level: Intermediate to Senior Staff Level
The Marketing and Communications Director leads the marketing and communications effort of The Moery Company. The Moery Company is an association growth consultancy, which sells and markets membership, sponsorships, advertisement and exhibition opportunities on behalf of our association clients. “The Big Red M” also offers consulting services for membership dues pricing, sponsorship inventory, sales processes, strategic planning and other association operations. We seek a candidate with marketing and communications experience with an emphasis on digital media, video, social media, website content and podcasting to scale distribution of our thought leadership content for business growth.
Major Responsibilities include:
Marketing of The Moery Company: Develop and execute marketing plans to generate “top-of-the-funnel” leads for the firm. You can utilize the existing library and produce new content through webinars, podcasts, e-books, Association Hustle (published in q1 2019) and live videos to promote the company. Develop, implement, and optimize digital campaigns on social platform and utilize email campaign infrastructure. Analyze performance and adjust to achieve optimal performance.
As a resource the following platforms will be managed by this position and can be used to deliver thought leadership content, improve brand awareness, and drive sales leads.
Social Media: Manage Moery social media platforms – posting content at least 3x per day. Improve and grow social performance for each platform and website Google Analytics to identify trends and topic opportunity.
Association Hustle Podcast: Collaborate with CEO to produce and post weekly Association Hustle podcast. Podcasts are recorded in a one-hour session with CEO monthly. Recommend topics and execute communications strategy to increase listenership.
Moery/InLoop Newsletter: Manage production of the weekly Moery/InLoop Newsletter to nearly 3,000 readers. Combine Moery content with outside resource content relevant to association audience through the InLoop platform. Monitor weekly open rates to improve engagement and expand audience.
Company Websites: Manage company websites (moerycompany.com and jpmoery.com) with outsourced designer. Ensure websites serves as a central location for content and company information. Upload new blog, podcast, and staff video content to WordPress websites. Promote monthly webinar on website.
Other job duties include:
- Develop ideas for blog content based on association trends gleaned from industry news sources.
- Submit ideas to CEO for blog development – conduct a biweekly, 30-minute blog discussion session
- Based on this discussion, write 1 to 2 new blogs per week
- Record short videos and optimize engagement through social media and email platforms.
- Develop podcast scripting based on repurposed blog content or new information.
- Cultivate staff thought leadership with quarterly editorial calendar.
- Develop ideas for webinar topics and promotional copy.
- Assist with the development of monthly webinar presentations
- Produce quarterly e-books designed for website pop-ups and lead generation. E-books are based on popular website topics
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English or a related field required.
- Demonstrable track record of executing marketing plans for revenue growth.
- Familiarity with the association sector a plus.
- Strong organizational skills to work effectively in a team setting and independently on concurrent processes and projects to meet established goals, deadlines, and quality standards.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally, in verbal, written and visual formats, with leadership, departmental staff, and both internal and external audiences.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, with ability to creatively overcome obstacles to achieve goals.
- Strong organization skills to proactively manage and prioritize projects and activities with firm deadlines.
Requirements of Marketing and Communications Director:
- 3+ years of experience in a digital development environment.
- Well-versed in digital best practices, strategy, implementation, and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business.
- Experience analyzing, measuring, and reporting on data.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress for content uploads.
- Podcast production experience.
What can The Moery Company offer you?
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Quarterly opportunities for performance-based bonuses
- Clear career path and professional development opportunities
- Full medical, dental insurance plan.
- Ample paid vacation and holidays
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program, matched by TMC
- Access to the latest technology, such as laptops, to help you reach earnings goals faster and more efficiently
- Opportunity for professional and personal growth in a fast growing and profitable company
- Telecommuting friendly environment.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.