As associations are holding in-person meetings, focus on the content of the meeting and learn how to best prepare for association presentations.
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
Hello and welcome to JP Moery’s Association Hustle Podcast. President of The Moery Company, JP’s mission is to arm today’s associations with insight and strategy to thrive and a progressively complex and competitive business landscape. 21st century associations must move forward with a little bit of hustle and revenue development at their core.
- Implement your COVID policies so folks can get the great content that you have to offer. Some associations are hiring a third party organization to help implement those COVID safety policies.
- Overall registration numbers seem to be down 25%, from what we had pre COVID. Some of that might be safety, hesitancy, and the ability to travel. Other reasons might be there’s so much work to do, that folks just can’t even take time away from the office right now.
- Tradeshow floors are bustling, and they’re ready to do business. I’m really kind of enthused about the new era of meetings.
- I think meetings will continue to be a hybrid, you’ve got a virtual component, and you’ve got an in person component. This might actually help those meetings extend themselves in terms of their value to the association. You might be able to deliver that content instead of over a three day period for the entire year.
Preparing for Presentations at Association Meetings
- Know the audience, is this a committee that’s never heard anything about the association topic? Or is it a task force that has been involved in the project, and they kind of know what’s happening?
- I love to use a scene setter about association trends and how it relates to the topic. I found that context helps, and it builds credibility of the speaker.
- I present is qualitative information. What have people in the association told me about the topic, staff and members alike?
- What’s the quantitative information? Do I have math and data that supports some of the components of what we’re trying to address?
- Finally, what are my recommendations based on all this information?
- Don’t forget to smile!
I want to run up the score on downloads. So if you like this episode, would you share this on social media? Share it to your LinkedIn account!
We hope you enjoyed this edition of JP Moery’s Association Hustle Podcast. We’d love to connect with you. Check out our blog at moerycompany.com and subscribe to our weekly newsletter. You can also connect with JP on LinkedIn and Twitter at @JPMoery, as well as The Moery’s Company’s Instagram and Facebook page.
Get a complimentary copy of JP Moery’s Association Hustle book.
Subscribe to The Moery Company’s bi-weekly newsletter.